Hosted by: Indivisible Auburn
Location: 2460 Maritime Drive, Elk Grove, CA 95758
If you want to support District 4, join their McClintock DIE IN Protest. This event will be attended and documented by Robert Reich's film crew for a documentary project they are working on. They will be capturing the event and potentially do interviews.
Come dressed in black. Bring your best RIP signs, displaying the facts! Let's remind him that his vote to repeal the ACA will affect not just his constituents, but millions of people throughout the nation. Highlight items such as:
- Pre-existing conditions like diabetes, eating disorders, mental health disorders, pregnancy and chronic diseases (just to name a few).
- Medicaid cuts
- "Essential health benefits," the basic requirements that Obamacare mandated in all health plans across the country. Things like preventative screenings, emergency services, pediatric care, prescription drugs, mental health services and maternity care.
- Women's health: companies could also deny mammograms and gynecological exams, to patients who are victims of sexual assault
- Less coverage, steep rise in prices for the working class.
- More than 24 million people could lose coverage gained through the ACA.