We are a results-oriented collective of women who are committed to engaging more fully at local, state and national levels to transform our political process.
Resist, Persist, Inform, Reform
Indivisible Women is inclusive for all women. We strive to connect across the lines that sometimes divide us. We engage women to step into leadership and shine your light wherever you feel called. You are welcome here and are needed more than ever!
Today's Legislative Action:
Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said, "If you're on food stamps, and you're able-bodied, we need you to go to work." Let Mulvaney know that many people on food stamps want to work but are unable to find a job. Let him know that mental disabilities can prevent people from being able to work as well.
Office of Management and Budget
Postal mail: 725 17th St. NW, Washington, DC 20503
White House Switchboard: 1-202-456-1414
TTY WH Switchboard: 1-202-456-2121
Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson said "poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind." Let Carson know poverty is not a state of mind. Let him know we have definitive data that the best way to help poor people is to give them money. If you have the time, explain wealth inequality and systemic racism.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Postal mail: 451 7th Street SW, Washington, DC 20410
- Housing Secretary Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A 'State Of Mind'
- Definitive data on what poor people buy when they’re just given cash
- Give Poor People Cash - There’s a simple way to reform welfare
- Why Work Requirement Became a Theme of the Trump Budget
- No, Poor People Do Not Eat More Fast Food
- This Kenyan village is a laboratory for the biggest basic income experiment ever
- How Homeownership Became the Engine of American Inequality
- "In San Francisco’s Union Square, the typical panhandler is a disabled middle-aged single male who is a racial minority and makes less than $25 per day despite panhandling seven days a week for more than five years.... 94% used the meager funds they raised for food." Everything You Think You Know About Panhandlers Is Wrong
Carson will next be speaking at HUD Headquarters.
- Sign the petition to respond to a company owner's public, racist comment against Michelle Obama
- Donate to help the humanitarian crisis in Africa
- Sign the open letter opposing Project Hemisphere
- Support the families of the victims of the Portland hate crime stabbing
- Let Bob Mulholland know how you feel about his criticisms of Kimberly Ellis
- Updates on all our April political actions
- Updates on all our March political actions
- California's 1st Congressional District:
- At our April meeting we distributed a list of teams and April actions
- ResistBot and extra ResistBot commands and tips and help
- Margo Stebbing's pledge Toward the Evolution of Patriotism